Now getting in the routine of Surname Saturday, after my four grandparent lines established, I’m continuing on with Great-Grandparents.
Today… WEBB (unfortunately, another one of those lines where I’m STUCK)
CAN YOU HELP??
4 generations of WEBB are connected through:
4. Charles Ernest Loops II (1906-1977)
5. Laura Melba Dekle (1908-1994)
8. CHARLES ERNEST LOOPS was born on 12 Nov 1875 in Kinston,NC. He was christened on 16 Oct 1885 in St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, Lenoir Co., NC. He died in North Carolina.
9. EVA BELL WEBB was born on 28 Apr 1882 in Kinston,NC. She died on 15 Sep 1966 in Arlington,VA
Children of Charles & Eva were Frank Webb Loops, Georgebelle Loops (1904-1990), Charles Ernest Loops II, and Frederick Carlysle Loops (1908-1965).
18. GEORGE BELL WEBB was born on 8 Jul 1855 in Greene Co.,NC. He died on 21 Aug 1914 in Kinston,NC. He was buried in Maplewood Cemetery,Kinston,NC..
19. AGNES PITTMAN was born on 17 Feb 1856 in Fountain Hill,Lenoir Co,NC.. She died on 16 Oct 1883 in Kinston,Lenoir Co.,NC. She was buried in Maplewood Cemetery,Kinston,NC
Children of George and Agnes included Guy Webb (1877-1939), James Francis Webb (1879-1912), and Eva Bell Webb.
George later married Agnes’ sister, Emma Pittman. Children included Agnes Pittman Webb (1890-1976) and Carrie Lulu Webb (1893-1948).
36. JAMES BARNEY WEBB was born on 6 Dec 1823 in New Bern,Craven Co.,NC. He died on 2 Aug 1901 in Kinston,Lenoir Co.,NC. He was buried in 1901 in Maplewood Cemetery,Kinston,NC..
37. MARGARET ANN LAUGHINGHOUSE was born on 10 Sep 1823 in Perquimans Co.. She died on 14 Feb 1880 in Kinston, Lenoir Co., NC. The cause of death was pneumonia. She was buried on 15 Feb 1880.
Children of James and Margaret Ann were Carolina J. “Carie” Webb Midyette (?), Sophia A. Webb (1843-1865), Mary Margaret Webb (abt 1848-?), Benjamin T. Webb (abt 1850-?), Martha Jean Webb Meyer (abt 1852-1880), George Bell Webb, Nancy Maple “Nannie” Webb West (1857-1952), John William Webb (abt 1861-1923), and Emma Webb Noland (abt 1868-1954).
Children of James & Sophia Webb are Emily Ann Webb Gaskill (died in 1850) and James Barney Webb.
I’ve got a lot of research still to do on this family, cleaning up some of the supporting information. Bob West (a cousin and descendant of James Barney Webb, et al) has been researching this line for years and is also STUCK. Hmph.
If you are part of this family or have any information, please leave me a comment!