I’m counting down my son’s ancestors, working with his 3rd Great-Grandparents.
Today…. #17… Hannah Sophia PARKS
7 generations of PARKS connected through:
4. Ernest S. Morgan (1912-1950)
5. Anne Rose Stone (?)
8. George William Morgan (1874-1955)
9. Katie Evelyn Robson (1879-1966)
16. GEORGE WILLIAM MORGAN was born in 1844 in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. He died on 31 Oct 1892 in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.
17. HANNAH SOPHIA PARKS was born on 10 Jul 1847 in Grand Lake, New Brunswick, Canada. She died on 12 Feb 1931 in West Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Children of George and Hannah: George William Morgan (1874-1955), Albert E. Morgan (1875-1940), Frederick H. Morgan (1878-1961), Walter Scott Morgan (1884-1959), Harriet Ellen “Hattie” Morgan (1884-1931), Edmund Mitchell Morgan (1885-1934), Ernest Morgan (1887-1965), Emma May Morgan (1889-1891)
34. WILLIAM PARKS was born in 1807 in Moose Island, Main River, Canada. He died on 3 Jan 1881 in Cambridge Narrows, New Brunswick, Canada. He was buried in 1881 in Baptist Cemetary, Johnson, Queens Co., New Brunswick.
35. HARRIETT KNIGHT was born on 17 May 1817 in Burton, Sunbury Co., New Brunswick, Canada. She died on 24 Jul 1898 in Cambridge Narrows, New Brunswick, Canada. She was buried in 1898 in Baptist Cemetary, Johnson, Queens Co., New Brunswick.
Children of William and Harriet: Samuel David Parks (1836-1885), Margaret Anne Parks (1841-1916), James Frederick “Black Jim” Parks (1843-1928), Harriet Parks (1843-?), Hannah Sophia Parks (1847-1931), Ada Parks (1860-?)
68. DAVID PARKS was born in 1770 in Kingswood Township, Hunterdon Co., New Jersey. He died in 1854/1861 in St. George, Charlotte, New Brunswick, Canada.
69. PHOEBE ELLIS was born about 1769. She was christened on 15 Mar 1796 in Gagetown, New Brunswick, Canada. She died in New Brunswick, Canada
Children of David and Phoebe: Mary Parks (1797-1877), Hannah Parks (1798-1836), Nancy Parks (abt 1802-?), William Parks (1807-1881), Jonah Parks (abt 1810-?), Francis Amilea Parks (abt 1811-?), Daniel D. Parks (abt 1818-1881/1891), Sarah Parks (1815-aft 1901)
Children of Nathaniel and Mary Elizabeth: Nathan Parks (1775-1843), Rachel Parks (1777-1794), Joseph Parks (abt 1760-?), Sarah Parks (abt 1763-1844), John Parks (1765-1854), Jonathan Parks (1767-1855), David Parks (1770-1854/1861), Mary Parks (abt 1773-1849)
Children of Jonah and Unknown: Nathaniel Parks (abt 1738-1818), Jonah Parks, Jr. (abt 1739/1742-?), Roger Parks (1741/1755-?), Sarah Parks (1743/1745 – ?), David Parks (abt 1740/1743-?), William Parks (abt 1747-?), Joshias Parks (1747-?), Jonathan Parks (1749-?), Ozias Parks (1757-?)
Children of Roger and Jane: Joseph Parks (1694-1753), Sarah Parks (1695-?), Grace Parks (1697-1771), William Parks (1699-1764), Keziah Parks (1701-?), Jonah Parks (abt 1703-1777/1778)
From Bissett-Cook families (Bev Barney) 2010
In 1677 the ship Kent brought 230 passengers to Burlington from the Northern Counties of England. There is no record of names on these people but the time is right for when Burlington was settled. The ship Kent sailed across the bay and unloaded 230 passengers out of a total of 270, many of these were from the Northern Counties. See the Krnt. This would include Nottingham where our Parkes families lived. They are included in ‘First Settlers of Ye Plantations of Piscataway and Woodbridge’ by Orra Eugene Merrits, B.A.
If you have any information on the PARKS family, please leave me a comment!