I’ve been researching my Step-father’s family lines through Elliott/Fryer. Today, McMILLEN, through his Fryer family.
6. Sidney James Fryer was born on 12 Oct 1862 in Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania. He died on 12 Jan 1936 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co., California. He was buried in Inglewood Park Cemetery, Inglewood, Los Angeles Co., California. He married Martha Hester Eddy
7. Martha Hester Eddy was born on 21 Jul 1868 in Ohio. She died on 4 Nov 1941 in Los Angeles Co., California. She was buried in Inglewood Park Cemetery, Inglewood, Los Angeles Co., California.
12. WILLIAM FRYER was born on 26 Mar 1836 in Upper St. Clair, Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania. He died on 3 Apr 1866 in Upper St. Clair, Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania. He was buried on 3 Apr 1866 in Bethany Presbyterian Cemetery, Bridgeville, Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania. He married Elizabeth McMillen.
13. ELIZABETH MCMILLEN was born on 24 Sep 1838. She died on 28 Nov 1873 in Upper St. Clair, Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania. She was buried on 28 Nov 1873 in Bethany Prebyterian Cemetery, Bridgeville, Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania.
Children of William and Elizabeth: William Jefferson Fryer (1859-1944), Sidney James Fryer (1862-1936), Jonathan Fryer (?), Dallas G. Fryer (1865-1870)
***Find a Grave says Elizabeth is daughter of Thomas and Margaret (parents of William Cecil below). 1850 census shows an Elizabeth (with matching b-date) in the home of William Cecil and Catherine. Dates are better her being the daughter of William Cecil, but maybe she was only living with her brother in 1850?
26. WILLIAM CECIL MCMILLEN was born in 1811 in Perrysville, Alleghency Co., Pennsylvania. He died in 1887 in Bridgeville, Upper St. Clair, Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania. He married Cathrine Porter
27. CATHERINE PORTER was born about 1817. She died before 1854.
Children of William and Catherine: Margaret McMillen (1832-?), Elizabeth McMillen (1838-1873), Sarah McMillen (abt 1836-?), Rachel Anne McMillen (1841-?), William C McMillen (1843-1903), James Alexander McMillen (1845-?), Nancy McMillen (1846-?), Thomas Porter McMillen (1849-?), Caroline McMillen (1851-?), Mary McMillen (?)
William married 2nd: Lavina Stephens, born abt 1841 in Wales, died unknown.
Children of William and Lavina: Cathrine McMillen (1855-?), Arabella McMillen (1859-?), David Henry McMillen (1860-aft 1918), George B. McMillen (1862-?), Sherman McMillen (1866-?), Albert Elton McMillen (1867-?), Charles Edward “Charlie” McMillen (1873-?)
52. THOMAS MCMILLEN was born about 1781 in IRELAND. He died in 1862 in Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania. He married Virginia “Jinnie” Hutchinson.
53. VIRGINIA “Jinnie” HUTCHINSON was born about 1783 in Westmoreland Co., Pennsylvania. She died in unknown.
Children of Thomas and Virginia: William Cecil McMillen (1811-1887)
Thomas married 2nd: Margaret
Children of Thomas and Margaret: Jacob McMillen (abt 1817-?), Archibald McMillen (1819-1840), Wilson McMillen (?-1858), Thomas McMillen (1832-1851), Samuel McMillen (?), Rachel McMillen.
104. ANDREW MCMILLEN was born in IRELAND.
Do you have any information on this McMillen family? Please leave a comment! Or Contact me privately.
I’m especially interested on more information about the Parentage of Elizabeth… was it William Cecil? Or Thomas? Anyone know?